2D Handcut Fondant Cartoon Cake | Cartoon Themed Cake | Birthday Cake Idea For Girls | Blue Fondant Cake | Cartoon Themed Cake

This cake stays very close to my heart as it was one that got me many orders. With a lil baby gal at hand and with an active food blog and day today chores, I had very little time to focus on cake orders. But when a dear old friend of mine asked me to bake a birthday cake for her little girl, I couldn't help but accept the order the next moment. 
She wanted a very simple fondant cake with 2d hand-cut cartoon figurines on it and she specified that she wanted a blue cake. All girls love pretty pink I thought but not her cutie pie ;) she wanted blue, any blue she said. And she sent me few of her kiddo's favorite cartoon characters and asked me put a few of them on the cake. I chose Olaf, Marie kitty and Minion. It was my first cartoon themed cake and I loved playing around with the figures. 


This one was a 2 kg Vanilla cake with caramel filling, covered with dark chocolate ganache.

I just took care to make the 2d figures ahead of time, I made them a couple of days before the cake was to be delivered and left them to air dry so that it would be easy for me to set them on the cake. If the climate isn't humid or if isn't raining then you can let it dry simply on your table top. But if it is raining, or if it is too humid just make sure to work in an air conditioned room or under a fan. Else your fondant might sweat and never dry. I used fondant completely to make the characters you can try a mix of both fondant and gum paste too. 

Time to check out some pictures of this most favorite cake of mine. I love the Minion on the cake which one do you like?

2D Hand-cut Olaf The snowman from Frozen

2D fondant hand-cut Marie the Cat

That's 2D Fondant Minion wishing Samantha a Happy Birthday

Twas her 3rd birthday

The cake packed and all set to be delivered!





Minion, Olaf or Marie whom do you like?

Comments

Post a Comment